55 Places Magazine has announced the 25 Best Value Retirement Communities in America. Living in a resort-style retirement community is achievable on any budget. Prominent on the list is Timber Pines in Spring Hill Florida, the #7 Best Value Retirement Community in America.
There are wonderful age-restricted active adult communities and age-targeted communities offering homes at an unbeatable price point where residents enjoy a rewarding social lifestyle and world-class amenities.
To create this list, the team at 55 Places took into consideration a wide variety of factors, starting with a review of the 100 most popular active adult communities in the United States. We considered the quantity and quality of amenities at each community, as well as the offering of lifestyle events and activities. We also reviewed the cost of homeowner association fees in addition to the latest real estate transactions, looking closely at the average home selling price over the past year.
After a thorough analysis, we chose only the communities we felt offered an excellent value: showcasing exciting amenities, a vibrant lifestyle and attractively priced homes. Finally, to clarify the findings even further, we reviewed the findings from our comprehensive in-person community visits, including the 300+ communities our team personally visited last year alone.
Top Retirement Communities
This complex formula resulted in this exclusive list of the 25 Best Value Retirement Communities in America.
- On Top of the World – Ocala, FL. In Central Florida, On Top of the World is a resort-style 55+ community planned for 10,000 homes. Single-family homes and attached homes are very affordably priced from under $100,000. The impressive collection of amenities includes three golf courses, several clubhouses, fitness centers, pools, restaurants and much more. Residents enjoy an amazing lifestyle with over 200 clubs meeting on a regular basis and special events happening nearly every single day.
- Sun City – Sun City, AZ. Sun City was the very first active adult community in the country and pioneered 55+ living as we know it today. This sprawling community of over 26,000 homes boasts hundreds of amenities including 7 recreation centers, 11 golf courses, 19 shopping areas and even a hospital. Residents enjoy a lifestyle second-to-none with daily events and countless social clubs. Homeowners find Sun City to be a fabulous value thanks to low property taxes, low homeowner association fees and homes starting under $100,000.
- Rossmoor Village – Monroe Township, NJ. Rossmoor was designed to combine old world charm with modern day amenities in a premiere New Jersey location. Budget conscious home buyers will be impressed with the variety of resale single-family homes and condominiums priced from under $100,000. An 18-hole championship golf course is at the heart of the community where residents also enjoy a well-equipped clubhouse boasting 30,000 square feet of amenity space highlighted by elegant, traditional design and décor.
- Windsor Gardens – Denver, CO. Windsor Gardens is the only active adult community in the city of Denver and is highly sought after for its incredible value. The maintenance-free homes start well under $100,000 plus the monthly homeowner association fees also cover the cost of property taxes, heat, water, trash collection, building maintenance, snow removal and more. The 35,000 square-foot clubhouse offers an impressive line up of amenities to encourage a physically fit and socially active lifestyle. Residents also enjoy a 9-hole golf course and on-site restaurant.
- Oak Run – Ocala, FL. In Central Florida, Oak Run offers a wide variety of resale single-family and duplex homes in nearly 100 different floor plans priced from under $100,000. With 3,500 homes, this gated community has a close-knit community feel with an exciting offering of amenities. Multiple clubhouses boast swimming pools, fitness centers, activity rooms and restaurants in addition to outdoor amenities including an 18-hole golf course. Residents enjoy a robust lifestyle at Oak Run with access to over 100 special interest clubs.
- Kings Point – Sun City Center, FL
- Timber Pines – Spring Hill, FL
- Clearbrook – Monroe Township, NJ
- arillon – Plainfield, IL
- Kings Ridge – Clermont, FL
- Spruce Creek Country Club – Summerfield, FL
- Concordia – Monroe Township, NJ
- Four Seasons at Hemet – Hemet, CA
- Sun City West – Sun City West, AZ
- Southshore Falls – Apollo Beach, FL
- Stone Creek – Ocala, FL
- Solivita – Kissimmee, FL
- Sun City Huntley – Huntley, IL
- Sun Lakes Country Club – Banning, CA
- Trilogy Orlando – Groveland, FL
- Solera at Oak Valley Greens – Beaumont, CA
- Heritage Isle – Viera, FL
- Laguna Woods Village (Leisure World) – Laguna Woods, CA
- Sun City Festival – Buckeye, AZ
- Sun City MacDonald Ranch – Henderson, NV
Active adult homebuyers in search of a great value community have plenty of options to choose from. These communities round out the list of the 25 Best Value Retirement Communities in America.
Retirement Community Articles
55 Places Magazine has announced the 25 Best Value Retirement Communities in America. Living in a resort-style retirement community is …
As the most popular retirement state in America, Florida offers a wide range of beautiful active adult communities. Many of …